When we did the first Pittonkatonk in 2014, we weren’t sure what to expect or how it would happen. We had a small amount of money to bring some bands to town but that was about it. As we talked about it with friends we found more and more people excited by the idea and willing to help. During the event we were amazed at the outpouring of positive support, volunteerism, and energy.
This year we were dedicated to Pittonkatonk being dependent on grassroots community collaboration. Again we didn’t charge admission, sell anything or take corporate sponsors. We asked for your support and you answered the call. You brought food, drinks, and volunteered your time and energy. You helped plan, spread the word, raise money, and then clean up afterward.
We will be posting Photos and Videos in the next few days. Please check back or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Here are some highlights from Pittonkatonk 2015:
- We did a three-engagement outreach program with the UPrep 6-12 music program, which culminated in the band’s collaborative performance with What Cheer? Brigade.
- Twice the amount of people came this year and the scene was fun and respectful.
- The food table was amazing! We couldn’t believe how many folks brought incredible food to share.
- Everyone helped in some way or another to keep the park clean and safe.
- So many families and kids!
Thank you all,
Pete and Rich
PITTONKATONK WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR HELP AND SUPPORT WITH OUR 2015 EVENT
Tommy Bones Werner
Dan Rugh and CW PRESS
Brandon McCarthy and Rock Bottom
Nils & Melingers Beer Distro
Travis and Shadyside Worms
Corey “The Scientist”
Seb Les Meier
Ray Gerard & Gerard Productions
Scott & New Sun Rising
Scott Bricker and Mike Carroll of Bike Pgh
Our Security Officers
Randy of Bee Boy
Nate Spak & Spak Bros
Larkin Page Jacobs
Jennifer Baron & Next Pgh
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
Center for Creative Reuse
Jim Duesing & CAS